Translate

Dec 11, 2012

Friendships

It's funny sometimes, how things turn out, how you meet new people, how you make new friends, in ways you thought never to be possible!

Some people come into your life to disappear shortly thereafter, other people enter your life and friendships are made for life!

So I met my husband on the internet 15 years ago! He lived in Belgium and I lived in The Netherlands. We are now happily married for almost 13 years.

So I also met my best friend, Vicky, on a forum for EDS and Marfan patients. Who would have thought that we would become such bosom friends, true soul mates. In the beginning, we were both careful with each other, because there are truly some troubled spirits present on the net. Slowly, we approached each other and felt a connection. We exchanged phone numbers. I remember the first time that I called Vicky, her voice was so much deeper than I imagined. Again, it became obvious that we still had the click with each other and we decided to meet in person a few days later.  When we first saw each other it was like we knew each other for years, so natural.  We have been sharing sorrow and happiness with each other ever since.

So I met many other new friends on the net, through the patient foundation, neighbors, en even because of EDS. Made clicks with people I never imagined.

Thank you Ronny, Vicky, Mario, Veerle, Goddy, Brenda, Line, Lynn and many others I did not mention. Thank you for making my life richer!